Timothy D. Carlyle | Partner
Mr. Timothy D. Carlyle is a partner of the firm and has extensive experience in a wide range of real estate, commercial, corporate, general business and finance transactional matters. Mr. Carlyle’s practice includes the representation of parties and preparation of transaction documentation in commercial, industrial and residential multi-family purchase, sale and financing transactions. He also represents parties in commercial, retail and office leases, as well as lenders and borrowers in real estate acquisition, construction and commercial financing transactions and all areas of real estate development and operation. Mr. Carlyle’s experience also includes representation of clients both seeking and challenging government and agency entitlements related to the development of real property. In addition, he represents clients in corporate, limited liability and partnership entity formations and operations and business mergers, acquisitions and dispositions. Mr. Carlyle has a Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review rating of AV.
Mr. Carlyle has an extensive history of community service in Orange County. His community commitments and affiliations have included board memberships in the Mission Hospital Foundation, the Laguna Playhouse, the Orange County Bar Foundation, the Bowers Museum of Cultural Art, the Laguna Beach Education Foundation (School Power) and the Orange County Historical Society. In addition, Mr. Carlyle has served as a member of the Laguna Beach Unified School District Board of Education. Mr. Carlyle is also a recipient of the Distinguished Society of Fellows Award from the Orange County Bar Foundation (“OCBF”) (Project Youth), having served in various capacities over a period of more than twenty (20) years. He is a current member of the OCBF/Project Youth John B, Hurlbut, Jr. Emeritus Board.
Mr. Carlyle has a Juris Doctor degree from the University of California, Hastings College of the Law, and a Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of California, Santa Barbara (High Honors). He served as assistant counsel with First American Title Insurance Company from 1975 until 1979. In addition to the California State Bar, Mr. Carlyle is admitted to the U.S. District Court, Central District of California and the U.S. Supreme Court. He is also a member of the American Bar Association and the Business Law and Real Property Law sections of the California Lawyers Association.
- J.D., University of California, Hastings College of the Law (1974)
- B.A., University of California, Santa Barbara (High Honors, 1970)
- Member, State Bar of California (Business Law and Real Property Law Sections)
- Member, American Bar Association (Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Sections)
- Member, Orange County Bar Association
- Board & Executive Committee Member, Orange County Bar Foundation
- Co-Chairman, Mission Hospital-Laguna Beach Community Advisory Council
- Past Member, Board of Education, Laguna Beach Unified School District
- Past member, Board of Laguna Beach Education Foundation (School Power)
- Past Member, Board of the Bowers Museum of Cultural Art
- Past Member, Board of Pacific National Bank (now US Bank)